Whilst we prioritise academic achievement, we also recognise that what happens outside of the classroom is an essential part of the LaSWAP experience. We therefore have an extensive range of extra curricular activities for you to get involved with.
Please note a number of these activities taking place are dependent on the most up to date Government restrictions.
Take a look at LaSWAPs enrichment offer for the academic year 2021 -2022
A variety of activities that enhance academic study.
- Year 12 visits to Marx Memorial Library
- Guest speakers from the worlds of television, film, politics, the arts and academia
- Visits from Birbeck university lecturers and industry professionals for industry led workshops
- Sixth form work shop at the Supreme Court
- Visits to the British Film Institute
- Visits to Art Galleries and museums
- Visit to Bletchley Park
Work related enrichment
- We take our students' future careers very seriously, so that end there are lots of opportunities to start to build the skills you will need for your futures
- All Year 12 students are supported to complete 2 weeks work experience
- Our future doctors spend time at St Bartholomew's Hospital for a series of workshops and tours from junior doctors
- Bespoke 2 Year programme of career support with Career Ready
- Ort Jump career mentoring
- Professional Digital Colourist Careers Talk
- Volunteering at the Royal Free Hospital
- Careful support to access work experience opportunities within an industry that you want to work in
Sports, music, drama and more.....
Across the four schools there is lots to get involved in.
The LaSWAP Play: - see our media coverage for our play in 2019 THE BLOOD WEDDING
Sixth form fitness club
The LaSWAP band
Open mic sessions
Sound engineering and volunteering/stewarding at school concerts and school music events
As a sixth form student we expect you to be an example to younger students and lead by example. So volunteering is an excellent way to show leadership and responsibility within your base school.
Volunteering opportunities include:
Supporting Key Stage 3 lessons
Reading mentors for Year 7 students
Sixth Form ambassadors for LaSWAP events, like Taster Day, Enrollment, Open Evening and Parents Evenings
- Duke of Edinburgh
- Year 13 end of Year ball committee
- Opportunities to start and run your own club
- Sixth form council
- The Great LaSWAP Bake Off